Intro to k9 Nose work clinic
Our intro to Nose Work clinic typically run three hours depending on the number of attendees. Pre-enrollment and pre-payment is require to reserve a spot and ensure we have enough class materials available. Clinic is limited to 6 dog and handler teams. As our crating and seating is outside we want everyone to be comfortable for an enjoyable learning experience. We will hold our next clinic as soon as the heatwave breaks. Check back for our next date.
Address: Johnson Road, Phelan, CA. The address will be provided with entry confirmation.
Parking: When you arrive, please look for me for directions for parking and crating.
What will be covered:
This will be a foundation clinic introducing the handlers to the principles of K9 Nose Work, introduce the concept of the "game", build handler observation skills and timing, and get the dog focused and build intensity on the work/hunt drive. During this clinic the dog will be searching for the primary reinforcement which will be will be food or toy beginning with simple exercises and introducing more complex exercises and distractors as the clinic progresses. Dog and handler teams are worked individually to minimize distraction and allow other students to watch and learn. Dogs will be require to be crated between their turns to allow them to rest and reflect on their work and also minimize distraction for the other teams. Attendees will receive hand outs and exercises to work on after the clinic.
Equipment to bring:
- Crate (where your dog will rest between runs).
- Shade cloth to cover the crate in case the weather is warm.
- Favorite toy and/or variety of high value* food treats (the smellier the better) cut small (1/4 " nothing crunchy or crumbly)
- Container for the food treats (plastic bag, treat bag, plastic container.
- Six foot leash in a width easily managed and non-restricting (I like 1/2" or less)
- Flat buckle or quick release collar or non-restrictive harness.
- Water bowl, water and something for yourself to drink
- A hungry and motivated dog. Do not feed your dog immediately prior to class or feed a reduced meal so they are willing to take treats during class.
- A chair. We will have some chairs available but students are welcome to bring their own
- Positive, ready to learn attitude
Enrollment/Payment: $60 working team $25.00 spectator
To pay by check: Mail the attached enrollment form along with a check in the proper amount of payable to Show and Sport and mail to PO Box 293768 Phelan, CA 92329
To pay by PayPal Please use the "shop" button below, maile or E-mail the enrollment for to email@example.com
We look forward to having you and your dogs at the clinic. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me at 760-868-0676 before the clinic or 760-964-1463 day of clinic or E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show and Sport